As far as I can remember the first version of AngularJS I’ve ever tried was vegetable-reanimation (released Jun 30, 2011). I was doing some research for my master thesis in those days. After developing web stuff for more than a decade, I dunno way, but I was blasted from day one. So Angular was the framework I used for the master thesis (a webbased car infotainment system).
Afterwards I got the chance to join a kind of “new” team inside the Bechlte corporation where I saw the chance to continue working with AngularJS. The the new team was formed to build a internal product called COPE (content object processing environment). It’s a “homebrew” solution for the corporations catalog production (yes we still print dead trees :) ). But the system is planned to become the central media- & content production/delivery plattform… We will see ;)
I was able to convince the team to bet on AngularJS and for most of the frontend stuff. This was in 2012 when AngularJS wasn’t as popular as it is today.
- 11416 total lines of CoffeeScript (I reaaaallly like to NOT write that much code)
- 7677 total lines of LESS
- 7000 total lines of HTML
- which results in about 1,2 MB of frontend related code.
On top there are some libraries and dependencies managed by the awesome bower.
In AngularJS terms, this is 111 custom directives, 45 services, 39 view controllers and 18 custom filters.
Unfortunatly, only the filters and some services are currently being covered by unit tests. This is something I really want to push forward over the next couple of months.
The build system and of course AngularJS enable us to push out features in a way, I never would have dreamed of before. Most of stuff demanded by the business can be implemented in next or no time.
A feature a day, keeps the business away.
I will try to do some more blog posts over the next couple of weeks. There I want to give some insights on how we use AngularJS and how solved some nasty problems.